Fees how-to

Check your tuition balance

Web for Students can provide you with your current balance:

  1. Go to Web for Students.
  2. Log in using your NetID and select the Web for Student option from the first menu. Click Registration.
  3. Click Select Term and choose the current academic term. Click Registration Fee Assessment to view your fees.
  4. Note: without this step, your fee account will not be accurate or up-to-date.
  5. Return to Web for Students by clicking the link at the top of the page.
  6. Select Student Records and then Account Summary by Term.
  7. To find the amount owing on your account, look at the Account Balance at the top of the most recent academic term.

How to pay admission deposit and residence application fee and deposit

King's students may pay all of their fees at the Student Accounts Office. Application fees and admissions deposits may also be paid online using the Dalhousie Student Accounts website.

Don't worry! As you navigate the payment process, you will be able to direct your payment to the University of King's College.

NotePlease print these instructions so that you can be confident you paid the fee correctly. You will need to have your letter of acceptance on hand when following these steps.

Admissions deposit fee

  1. Enter the student number provided on your letter of acceptance (B00_ _ _ _ _ _) along with the other requested information.
  2. Click on the Add to Cart link.
  3. Select King's College - All Payments and Deposits. Click Continue.
  4. Select the Admissions Deposit that applies to you (check your admissions letter):

    ARTS: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of arts program and are not taking FYP.

    FYP: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of music, or bachelor of journalism (honours) program and are taking FYP. Please note: Bachelor of journalism (honours) students must take FYP.

    JOURNALISM: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of journalism program only.

    MUSIC: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of music and are not taking FYP.

    SCIENCE: Select if you are accepted into the bachelor of science program and are not taking FYP.

  5. Click Continue.
  6. Click Checkout Cart link.
  7. Enter the required information and click Submit.

 You will receive a receipt number. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your payment.

For students who decide to cancel their admission to the university by the cancellation deadline in June, a portion of their admission deposit will be forfeited.  For cancellations after the deadline, the full admission deposit will be forfeited.

Residence application fee and deposit

  1. Enter the student number provided on your letter of acceptance (B00_ _ _ _ _ _) along with the other requested information.
  2. Click on the Add to Cart link.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Select King's College - All Payments and Deposits.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Select the required residence fee (application fee or residence confirmation deposit). Click Continue.
  6. Click Checkout Cart link.
  7. Enter the required information and click Submit.

 You will receive a receipt number. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your payment.

For students who decide to cancel their residence admission to the university, the full deposit will be forfeited.

Important notice: King's and Dalhousie universities discontinued payment by credit card for tuition fees and residence fees as of 1 September 2009. More >>

King's students applying for Canada Student Loans and Provincial Loans must have the loans made out to The University of King's College as the official institution.

How to pay tuition and residence fees

Payment methods

Methods of payment include debit card, cheque, money order, bank draft, cash and online banking.  (NOTE: application fees and admission/residence deposits cannot be paid by online banking).

Please note: If you plan to pay for tuition and residence fees by cheque, only one cheque is required.

Internet banking is currently set up with TD, CIBC, BMO, RBC, Scotiabank and the Credit Union, so long as students subscribe to their directed payment program. The student's Banner/Student ID is the customer number, and the University of King's College is the payee. (NOTE: King's and Dalhousie do not accept Interac e-mail money transfers).

Bank transfers (wire transfers only)  must be made in Canadian dollars, and for the banks listed above, the following information applies:

  • Dalhousie Bank Account Number: 33993-00892-14
  • Transit number: 33993-002
  • Swift code: NOSCCATT
  • Account name: Dalhousie University
  • Bank: Bank of Nova Scotia
  • Address: 5201 Duke St. Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1P3
  • The student's name and number should be used as the reference. Additional fees may be imposed by the customer's bank (the issuing bank). Please check with your bank to learn more about fees associated with paying by bank transfer. Any additional fees are the responsibility of the customer requesting the transfer.
  • Money transferred to a student's account should not exceed the annual charges associated with tuition and ancillary fees.

For international payments, please click here for complete details.

To avoid the $50.00 late fees and interest, all tuition and fees and, if applicable, residence costs, must be paid in full by the term due date.

Students who make a payment with a U.S. cheque will have the foreign exchange posted to their student account and it is the student's responsibility to check his or her balance.

Interest is 6% a year.

Senior citizens

Those who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents, 65 years of age or over at the time of registration and are enrolled in an undergraduate non-professional degree program, may be eligible for a senior citizen waiver. This waives only the tuition portion of the fees--the student must pay the incidental fees. The student must notify the Student Accounts Office to have the waiver initiated on or before the term due date.


Course withdrawal:  Students are encouraged to refer to Dalhousie University's current refund schedule before dropping an arts or science course. 

Account credits: An account credit will be refunded to the student by request only to the King's Student Accounts Office, either in person or from the student's official university email address.  Refunds for account credits are processed once every two weeks.

Withdrawals: A credit of fees will be granted upon receipt of written withdrawal notification in the Registrar's Office.  Once approved, the calculation of the credit is based on the date of the withdrawal notification and the current term schedule. Journalism is a specified limited enrolment programme, which means that students attending the School of Journalism will not receive a credit of tuition fees after the second day of classes.  Exceptions may be made on compassionate grounds. In addtion, for all master's programs, the university follows the Dalhousie Graduate Studies calendar. 

Students in residence are expected to remain in residence for the whole of the academic year. A student who withdraws from residence during the academic year will still be responsible for the balance of the residence fees unless an acceptable replacement is found. Students who receive a tuition credit based on compassionate grounds may be released from their obligation for residence fees for the remainder of term, at the discretion of the dean of residence.

Download your tuition tax receipt (T2202A)


  1. Enter your NetID and password. 
  2. Click on Canadian Tax Receipts.
  3. Click on T2202A.
  4. Click on the appropriate tax year, then choose from the following options:

                             View data: this is not an official receipt and is for information purposes only.

                             Printable form: make this selection only if you are ready to print an official receipt. 

If you have forgotten your NetID or password, you can contact the Dalhousie Help Desk at 1.800.869.3931 or 1.902.494.2376.  For further assistance, please email: helpdesk@dal.ca.

Access to financial information

Parents and others often ask Student Accounts to disclose financial information about a student's account so that they can make accurate tuition payments.

Our policy is to protect the confidentiality of all information pertaining to our students, including all their detailed financial records and account balances on their student account.

If you wish to grant permission for financial information to be released to a third party (such as a parent) Student Accounts requires you to send an e-mail from your official university e-mail account to: accounts@ukings.ca. Please include your name and Banner ID and the name of the third party, individuals or organizations you are authorizing. Privacy Release Forms (PDF) are also accepted from the student, in person only, at the King's Student Accounts Office.  Please note that Student Accounts will not  initiate contact with a third party. The authorization will remain active until you contact our office to have it removed.


For all other student accounts questions or concerns, please contact Student Accounts.